Friday, November 12, 2010

Status Update: The As



As of this writing, progress has been steady, but because of the sheer volume of demos I've been able to find out about, and track down, it's been slower than I thought it would be. I'm working through my second draft of the As, and doing the first draft of the Bs. Here are some stats for the As: I've documented 756 demos from 463 bands, and I've reviewed 404 of them (at least two hard listens each). Extrapolated out, we're probably looking at, for the whole book, around 8000 demos from 6000 bands, and I'll probably review half of those. I've got a huge task ahead of me, but it's been a real blast hearing a lot of great music, and revisiting things I haven't heard in 25 years.

Just wanna put a call out again for research materials: if you have any metal zines from the '80s and '90s, press kits, photos, whatever, please get in touch if you're interested in selling or donating. And if you have any of the demos listed on this blog, or if you were in one of the bands and can verify dates, song titles, locations, and personnel, please write. That includes hard rock, hair metal, crossover, grindcore, and any metal-influenced punk. This book will be as accurate and complete as possible.

Contact Robert Plante at forbiddeneyedesign@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment